Municipal and industrial sewage treatment processes produce significant quantities of sludge as a result of biologic degradation occurring in standard sewage treatment units. The management of this sludge has become a topic of interest on a global scale due to a worldwide increase in urbanization. At a global level, several sewage sludge disposal methods have been implemented of which the most common ones include:
- Agricultural treatment, as sewage sludge is rich in nutrients including carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus
- Landfilling, as sewage sludge can contain heavy metals and micropollutants, making it unsuitable for agricultural use.
- Incineration with energy recovery, in order to maximize the use of the high energy content of dried sludge
3V Green Eagle Technological Proposal
Our TOP® for Sludge and Dual TOP® - Wet Oxidation technologies are consistently successful in achieving:
- Significant reductions in sludge volume
- The stabilization of sludge and dissolved metals
- The removal of the microbial load
- The partial or full mineralization of the sludge
- A Zero Discharge process
- High safety standards without the use of hazardous gaseous compounds
Reuse as primary-secondary material
After oxidizing the organic fraction of the sludge using the TOP® process, the solid fraction is recovered from the TOP® effluent as a solid, highly oxidized and inorganic residual. This residual can be reused as primary-secondary material, either as it is or in combination with other substances.