3V Green Eagle's Dual TOP® - Wet Oxidation technology for sludge and wastewater combined allows the simultaneous treatment of:
- Activated sludge from biological plants in the industrial or civil industry
- Industrial wastewater
- Landfill leachates with high COD levels
- Highly contaminated sediments (marine, fluvial, etc)
- Other liquid or wastewater streams which can be pumped.
Since 3V Green Eagle commenced the implementation of its wet oxidation technologies in 1990, our treatment processes have received notable awards and international recognition which include:
- The TOP® and Dual TOP® technologies were recognized as the "Best Available Techniques" for Wastewater and Sludge Treatment by the EU-IPPC Commission in 2006.
- 3V Green Eagle is currently participating in the EU-funded ROUTES project where the effect of different operating parameters (i.e. temperatures, reaction time, oxygen dosage) are being investigated on the efficiencies of the TOP® and Dual TOP® technologies if it were to be scaled on an industrial level. Its ability to treat different types of sludge is also being studied.
Implementation on an Industrial Scale
The Dual TOP® technology has the capacity to:
- Treat a mix of industrial wastewater, sludge and/or port sediments with a COD between 20.000 and 100.000mg/L. In addition, it is able to degrade more than 99.9% of pollutants which are present.
- Reduce the COD of the sludge/water mix up to 85%
- Reduce volatile suspended solids contained in the sludge by 96% to 98%
- Recover heat from the oxidation process to dry the inorganic residue output
- Maintain more moderate and safer operating conditions, including temperature and pressure, than those used for the TOP® - Wet Oxidation for wastewater technology.
- Establish a zero discharge process which does not produce any solid waste and no air emissions
- Eliminate almost all of the organic fraction which produces a stable, inorganic material that is rich in calcium and phosphorous. This material can also be reused as a primary-secondary material. In 2013, our solid residue obtained the CE mark which allows it to be used as a filler for bituminous materials and similar matters. Both the CE mark certificate and the Dual TOP® Process Layout are available for download below.
The TOP® - Wet Oxidation for Sludge technology is able to treat sludge produced by biological systems at diverse operating conditions.
- 2-3% in solid, directly following aerobic or anaerobic digestion and sent to TOP® via pipe
- 15-25% in solid, after filterpressing or centrifuging and sent to TOP® via truck or train
Therefore, the TOP® - Wet Oxidation for Sludge can be installed at:
- Large municipal facilities in order to treat:
- Sewage sludge produced by large biological plants
- Industrial wastewater produced by industrial areas or point-source industries
- Large industrial parks with multiple industries performing wastewater pre-treatment, generating both:
- Large quantities of sludge following physical-chemical-biological treatment; and
- Large quantities of wastewater or off-specification products.
The industrial applications of this technology include:
- Like the TOP® - Wet Oxidation for wastewater technology, the TOP® - Wet Oxidation for sludge and wastewater combined technology has been widely tested on an industrial scale at 3V Green Eagle's facility in Grassobbio.
- 3V Green Eagle is in a position to conduct feasibility studies and provide estimates of set-up and running costs for customized systems designed to meet its clients' specific requirements.
- 3V Green Eagle is also able to offer Turn-Key plant systems or single process steps of the systems, integrating, in either case, this new technology with the client's existing facilities.
Make an appointment with one of our representatives in Italy or worldwide and request a personalized offer.